Innovation in Paediatric Precision Medicine Seed Funding
Luminesce Alliance is pleased to offer researchers within the Luminesce Alliance partnership, seed funding for innovative paediatric precision medicine research projects.
The intentions of these seed funding grants are:
- To initiate innovative and new paediatric precision medicine-based research projects;
- To assist these projects to gather evidence and data to seek further funding; and/or,
- To use this evidence or data as a means to translate precision medicine into the clinical setting,
The interpretation of precision medicine and its application to the project proposal is at the discretion of the applicant.
The project should ideally be able to commence on the 1st January 2021 with a final report due on the 30th June 2022 (maximum of 18 months).
Innovation seed funding is capped at $200,000 per awarded project.
Innovation seed funding of $100,000 has also been set aside to fund a health economic/health implementation paediatric precision medicine project.
The total available funding pool is $1,000,000.
The selection of projects for funding will be based on the merits of the application and its alignment with the intentions of the seed funding and the philosophy of Luminesce Alliance.
To be eligible for funding:
- The principal investigator must be employed by of the one of the Luminesce Alliance partners namely:
- The Sydney Children’s Hospital Network
- The Children’s Cancer Institute
- The Children’s Medical Research Institute
- The University of Sydney
- The University of New South Wales Sydney
- The project involves precision medicine. The interpretation of precision medicine and how it relates to the project is at the discretion of the applicant.
- The project budget must not exceed $200,000.
- $100,000 has been set aside to fund a health economics/health implementation paediatric precision medicine based project.
- The project must be able to commence on the 1st January 2021 and a final report be submitted by the 30th June 2022. Progress reports will be required every six months.
- If successful, the project must comply with the Terms and Conditions of the Seed Funding Grant (the terms and conditions can be found in the application form pack)
Applications closes the 30th October 2020.
The application pack can be found below.
For further information, please email: email@example.com