Luminesce Alliance is fueling a paediatric research powerhouse to deliver world-leading research and improve the lives of children and young people with genetic diseases and cancer. Our vision to change children’s medicine is being realised via our Enabling Platforms Program.
Leading researchers, from across our partner organisations, are focusing on improving the understanding and application of paediatric precision medicine in five areas:
- Functional genomics: identifying and understanding disease-causing genes and new treatments.
- Data: using big data to improve detection, treatment, and outcomes.
- Precision therapy: delivering new drugs and novel medical technologies that will support early phase clinical trials.
- Psychosocial: developing world-leading best practice for psychological, emotional, social, and educational support of patients and their caregivers.
- Health systems implementation and economic research: translating research discoveries into new models of care.
Professor Michelle Haber AM, Children’s Cancer Institute’s Executive Director, explains the power of paediatric precision medicine.